top of page

Range Development Grant Program Now Open!

RANGE DEVELOPMENT GRANTS THESE COMPETITIVE RANGE DEVELOPMENT CASH GRANTS WILL PROVIDE FUNDS TO ALLOW EXISTING RANGES TO MAKE IMPROVEMENTS AND EXPANSIONS. GRANT CYCLE: FEBRUARY 1ST – APRIL 1ST A fundamental need of a shooting team is a place to shoot. These competitive funds will provide the opportunity for existing ranges to make improvements and expansions to allow for more youth-oriented shooting activities. Team and agency endowment holders are encouraged to work with their respective shooting range(s) to identify needs and complete grant application requirements. We accept range development grant applications via our online grant application process once per year. The applications are reviewed and awarded by the MidwayUSA Foundation. These competitive cash grants are awarded to grant recipients in June, and the Foundation reserves the right to audit a recipient’s use of grant funds. GRANT APPLICATION PROCESS To apply for a MidwayUSA Foundation grant, you must use our online platform, Survey Monkey Apply. Application opens February 1st. APPLY NOW REQUEST ACCESS GRANT RECIPIENTS Coming Soon (2021) GRANT APPLICATION AND FUNDING POLICY

Many conservation groups and state wildlife agencies build and operate public target shooting facilities using federal excise tax monies as a key source of funds for these projects. In some occurrences, it is possible these non-endowment holders may prove eligible for a Range Development grant. In most cases these groups will pursue R3 (recruitment, retention, reactivation) conservation grants funded by the Pittman-Robertson/Wildlife Restoration Act to acquire 90% of their range expansion funding, while seeking the remaining 10% through other sources. It is possible that the Range Development grant can provide the remaining 10% if certain requirements are met. If your conservation group is interested, contact us.

See the grant requirements below or review our Coach Training-Range Development Grant Application and Funding Policy to learn more.

  • One application cycle per calendar year

  • Minimum grant payout (per request): $2,500

  • Maximum grant payout (per request): $75,000

  • Grant request cannot exceed 50% of the total project budget

  • Required to provide information on funding source for remaining project budget

  • Funds must be utilized within 9 months of receipt

  • The facility must be used by an endowment holder

  • Funds cannot be used to build a new facility or purchase land

  • Improvement/expansion must grow youth shooting sport activity capacity

  • Proof of project budget/cost required

  • Project updates required at 3, 6, and 9 months (unless completed early)

  • Proof of project completion required

  • Unused cash grant funding, not committed for the specified purpose, or not committed within the time limit, if any, detailed in the corresponding grant application, shall be returned to MidwayUSA Foundation

Featured Posts
Recent Posts
Search By Tags
No tags yet.
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square
bottom of page